Sunday, January 6, 2008

№3. Another Sunrise

How much can person change the history of the world? What to comes to mind are famous people like Abraham Lincoln, Billy Graham, Adolf Hitler (well, infamous) and etc... For better or worse, these people has made their mark in history of mankind.

What about me? How famous will I be? Of course, being a shy person, I'm very sure I'm known by little amount of people (well, the amount of people I have on my Facebook or Friendster testifies this well).

But what will my legacy be? How will my own history book be written as? Ha, being at 27, I guess it's kinda funny to think of this, but seriously, if I were to not live past 30, how will my short life has counted as? Or if I were to live past 100, how would the span of hundreds years be written?

I guess what gets me thinking is not how will my book will read by others. It's not what people would say at my funeral. It's not what's written on my tombstone.

What really scares me, is when I stand before God Almighty and when He reads my own life's story back to me, will I be confident enough that at the end of the tale, He will say "Good and faithful servant"? Is what I'm doing, day in day out, be it at work, at church, at home, at the youth, amongst friends the right thing? What worries me more, is not what wrong things I'm doing, but rather what right things I'm not doing.

I often question myself, is my decision right? Did I say the correct thing? Did I forget to do something? How many moments of opportunity have I missed? How many times have I given in to my own selfishness instead of selflessness?

At the beginning of each day, I count myself blessed as there's another sunrise for me. It's God's given opportunity for me add another page to my life's story. I will pray that I'll live each day right so that at the every sunset I see, I am confident that I've added another meaningful chapter to that book of mine.


No comments: