Saturday, January 19, 2008

№8. Simple Pleasures

What's the best thing in life? Maybe getting a really cool handphone or perhaps that 42-inch HD-TV? Or maybe it's about having great meals in some of the finest restaurants in town? Perhaps its getting to travel around the world? How about getting millions of cash to spend on all the above? Here's my version of a two-minute of simple pleasure, which came totally free...

"Another day gone. As I was dropped off, thoughts of tomorrow come to mind as it is going to be another important day. The night was cool. I got onto my 3-year old Waja, and started the engine. Well, it was a short drive as I've only parked a few metres away from my home.

Sigh, what am I going to do?

I thought as I opened my front gate and moved my car into the porch.

Where am I heading? What do I really want?

The thoughts continued to run around my head. A light breeze blew through. I did something I did not do in a long time. I looked up.

Wow. The stars are out tonight to play.

My troubles seems to have faded away. As I gaze upon the skies, and looking at those celestial twinkles, I realized how much have I missed some of these things:

To marvel on the how the stars paint the night;
To stare upon the different pastels of orange and red the sunset brings;
To admire the colourful rainbow making a masterpiece on the cloudy canvas;
To close my eyes and enjoy the symphony of the ocean waves.

Those are my simple pleasures."

No comments: